Friday, July 15, 2011

Update

The last few weeks have been very busy. We have painted all the interior doors, completed the thresholds, Installed a ceiling fan, finished the office bathroom floor, and did a brake job.

First order of business was to complete the office bathroom floor by grouting. Not that hard and was completed withing a few hours.


Two weeks ago my brother came out for a visit and thankfully he is just as handy as we are so many projects were slated. The most important was to paint all the interior doors, thirteen of them. Normally I would have to paint by hand, however my brother has a professional spray paint gun and we actually completed the painting in half a day. That includes removing and prepping.





We changed all the outlets and receptacles from the awful "biscuit, almond, or whatever" color you want to call them to a nice white. Once again thanks to my brother who is also a fine electrician. There were two times when jumpers needed to be changed inside the switches and receptacle that I would not have known needed to be changed in order for a certain configuration to work.




My brakes on the truck were done and I had scheduled an appointment with Toyota for a front brake job. Approx cost $240.  But my brother is a motor head too and taught me how to change the brakes. It was so freaking easy!!! Total cost approx $50!  I will never pay to have the brakes done again. 





Thresholds were completed along with a few door cuts since the floor height was raised considerably.






All in all it has been a busy few weeks. Whew!!!!

11 comments:

K said...

You worked like an Interior Company last few weeks!

And you have good brother(s) visiting you with Pro-use spray paint gun.

Surprising!! You've changed the brakes!!
Don't spread the know-how to protect Toyota Servicing Section, pls.

Anonymous said...

Please notr, he is talking about the middle brother, Tank, not the oldest. Best that I can do is clean out a basement for 3 weekends.!

Brett said...

K- I do have good brothers that are always willing to lend a hand. I do not think I will be taking too much business from Toyota. I do not even change my own oil anymore.

Shell- I do believe that you can do more than clean out the basement. However if you really like that kind of stuff, pay me a visit because I do have a lot that needs to be cleaned :)

Anonymous said...

Not until you come change my brakes.

Shell said...

Don't know why that came out as anonymous

tank.62 said...

I really like doing stuff that saves me money... I will spend 2 days doing a project that a pro could knock out in half a day - guess that means I don't value my time too much hahahaha.

Shell said...

Hey, I changed the battery in the riding mower today! By myself!

Brett said...

The question is how many times did you shock yourself? LOL

K said...


Nice Joke!!

Shell said...

No shocks but I did catch the shift knob lever with the wrench as I was securing the pos terminal and had a few sparks.

Brett said...

LOL you guys are too much!!