Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Sh*! Happens

So there I was, minding my own damn bidness, driving home on I-8 when the car in front of me gets cut off. They slam on their brakes and then I slam on mine, however I am not so lucky and I then slam into them. BUMMER!


It has been over 24 years since I had an accident. Not the way I wanted to start off my courtyard project. Tomorrow morning we will have the pavers and sand delivered and begin laying our 2,500 bricks. I don't really think we will use all 2,500.

So tomorrow the tow truck will come and I will need to get a rental car. I guess the good thing about it is that USAA is really good, they set up the tow/car rental/repair and all was done within 15 minutes. Since it has been a long time since I had a wreck I am not sure how it usually goes. But I do remember that the last time State Farm Insurance was really good too.

I can't really drive it because the bumper is pushed into the wheel. I was able to make it home but that was about it. In the end we exchange information and no one was injured.




5 comments:

tank.62 said...

What a bumper ese.... that sucks. Hopefully you can get a rental pickup truck so as not to slow down your project.

Brett said...

I hope I can get a truck, but who knows. It will probably be a segway.

Shell said...

DO you have to pay the deductible or are they considering it the other person's fault? And I think you can request a truck but have to pay the difference.

K said...

No one injured. It was good, at least.
Actually it is almost impossible to drive keeping enough distance from the car ahead in rush hour. I did the same about 30 years ago, also no one injured AIU Insurance helped me at that time.

Imagine you drive segway saying oops!,oops! Good luck!

Brett said...

Well I did not get a segway. Instead it is a charger. I could have got a F-150 however it would cost another $6 a day + tax. Right now I don't think I need it but the guy at Enterprise said I can come in and switch it if needed.

I do have to pay the deductible, it was my fault.

The thing that sucked is that the freeway was moving well. I always scan ahead for slowing traffic. This just happened real fast.