Monday, November 28, 2011

Fountain almost complete

Finally it didn't rain this last weekeknd and I was able to mortar the bricks for the seating area. The last three weekends we have had rain and were suppose to get more on Thanksgiving but it passed us by. Alhough I won't complain about rain, I just whish it was during the workweek.

I did make a mistake, it was really warm and somewhat dry and I was in the sun. I should have wet the bricks and the suface. I think the mortar dried out too fast and I am not sure they are set real well. The hard part was to get the joint mortar to stay where they overhang. I had to use a board and hold it until it set. I could to about 5 joints at a time.

I guess if they come loose I can always fix it.   Just don't dance on them.





2 comments:

K said...

You've got a patient job, well done!

Now bathtub transformed into the fountain.
It looks nice.

Brett said...

Thank you so much.