Monday, November 30, 2009

Rainy Saturday

After 164 days we finally got rain. This was the third or fourth longest dry spell. It was not a lot but it was something. We have a resident Red Tail Hawk in the canyon and I guess he liked the rain too. I have included a photo of him (sorry it is blurred) and a video I took with my camera. I don't have a good zoom and the video is small. Also the camera does not have sound.
You can check the post dated October 11, 2009 for a better picture of our Hawk.

Red Tail Hawk in the rain


Just a rainy road with cars. I'm actually surprised that they didn't wreck. California drivers and rain do not mix.



2 comments:

K said...

Your friend is back in the rain!
I'm sure he is visiting your home everyday.

This time he didn't need bathtub.

164 days no rain is unbelievable from the climate here, but it was good you got some.

Brett said...

He really is a beautiful bird. They say we might get some rain next Monday too.