Monday, May 31, 2010

Bathroom Project part 2

As I was removing the floor tile I could slide a screwdriver under the bottom wall tile and not hit anything beyond. This sent a red flag to me so I decided to take out the bottom tile to find the problem. The problem was that it had leaked over time and the wood was rotted. So we decided to take out the bottom two layers and fix the problem. After removing the rotted wood and re-framing the opening this then lead us to our next dilemma. To re-glaze or not to re-glaze. We decided not to re-glaze due to cost (around$500) and find tile that was a close match. Yesterday we ordered tile that was a close match but not perfect. The reasoning is it is a guest bath that will hardly be used so why spend thousands of dollars when the whole project can be competed for around $400?


This started the problem.





I don't know how I got along without a pneumatic tools. This brad/stapler is amazing. What would have been at least an hour of hammering and cursing, not to mention sore fingers, was completed in about 10 minutes.

3 comments:

K said...

It is not my fun to imagine you are hammering and cursing at least an hour. Air compressor machine helped you so much.

You made a correct choice. Just working guest bathroom is enough.

Brett said...

Yes, not fun hitting your finger with the hammer. Work smarter not harder is my motto. :)

Brett said...

UUMMMMMMM........NO