Thursday, February 3, 2011

Furnace Saga

I thought that maybe, just maybe, we could hold out until the fall to have the heater repaired. But no can do. When I got up this morning it was 54F and when I got home it was 54F, enough. It is suppose to warm up this weekend in to the mid 70sF but at night it will drop into the mid to lower 40sF. I know, I know at least we are not in the Midwest having a blizzard and for that I am thankful. However my house is freaking cold and why be miserable.

See attached photos of my brother's places...*snicker*

Today I had two bids to replace my furnace and I am to have a third on Monday, but I might cancel that one since I really want to make this happen soon. Stay tuned!

This is the outside temp and wind chill
 
The top number is my living room and the bottom number is my bedroom

 
Kansas City

Kansas City

New Mexico

New Mexico

4 comments:

K said...

Protect yourself not to catch cold, wearing warm cloth.
(You'll say "already")

I didn't know there was snow in New Mexico!

In Japan, there is heavy snow damage in West-side area.

Shell said...

what kind of weather station is taht and what does it tll you?

Brett said...

I hope everyone is ok in Japan. I remember we had a great snow when I was living there. Reminded me of home :)

Brett said...

The weather station was here when I bought the house. It is a LaCrosse. It shows the temp/wind chill/wind speed/direction/pressure/rainfall/humidity. The rain meter must be broken because according to it we have not had any rain since we moved.