Saturday, August 11, 2012

The $7.62 ice cream

This week we have been having a "heat" wave. I used quotes because I know to others our definition of heat is not the same. Today our temp was 92F (have a mentioned we have no central air) so it became a beach day at our favorite beach, Coronado. The beach is deep and long and unlike Pacific or Mission beach there is usually not a problem finding parking. Coronado also has the Hotel Del.
Today was one of the most crowded days I have seen at this beach, but even still it was really pleasant.




 
At the Del there is an ice cream shop, MooTime (similar to Cold Stone), and it is almost always packed on days like today. However there was hardly anyone in line so I made a command decision to get an ice cream. Turned out it was a really crappy decision. I had a vanilla ice cream with black berries mixed in. The ice cream was really soft, almost melting, now I know why there wasn't a line there.

 
They must have really raised the prices because I don't remember ever paying that much. The lady actually said the price with  a strait face.

2 comments:

K said...

We also have very hot days here. It is hard to go out!

Coronado is so nice place and Hotel Del is charming.
I love it.

Brett said...

Be careful on those hot days. Air conditioning is the way to go.