Saturday, January 12, 2013

Frost

The last few days we have been in a cold snap. This morning at 0730 I still had frost on my truck and I think by most people standards that is still pretty damn cold. Tonight is supposed to be even colder with the area issued a freeze warning. I am going to have to cover my lime and lemon bushes but the succulents will have to fend for themselves, I don't have that many sheets.

The weather dudes are saying that it could get down to the 20s(F)/-4(C) inland. I don't think we will have it that bad since I live on top of a canyon.


8 comments:

Tank said...

I saw that the citrus growers out there were going to take a hit from this cold weather.

Mom said...

Our temp. was -2 this a.m. Dad said the low was -7 last night (Sat.).
Sat. we reached 11 degrees at our
house. Wonderful Wy. At least we did have a little snow.

Brett said...

Mom- That is really cold. Glad it wasn't that cold when I was there. Did you have wind?

Brett said...

Tank- Probably. Last night it was upper 30s/low 40s, so hopefully we dodged the freeze.

Mom said...

No, we had no wind to speak of. It didn't want to be out there either.

Brett said...

No wind is a good day in Wyoming.

K said...

It seems 2013 is the cold year. Japan is almost covered by snow.
We had about 1 inch snow in Tokyo, and TV says there is a snow falling in Mississippi !
Keep your house warm.

Brett said...

K- I did see where you got a lot of snow and cold temperatures. Stay Warm.