Saturday, January 26, 2013

Smartphone

After years of resisting, I finally caved and got a smart phone. My main resistance was the data plans that you are forced into. "A's" phone was finally dieing after just over 6 years and when we were looking there were not any "free" regular phones. You actually had to pay for them, but there were plenty of "free" smartphones, with a two year contract. Since "A" is not keen on the whole smartphone thing I stole her upgrade and gave her my phone, hehe.

I had a choice between an iPhone, Android phone or a Windows phone. I ruled out the Windows phone because they are too new. While I did like the Android phones, after talking with my brothers (who both have iPhones)  I decided on the iPhone because I already had a iPod touch (thanks K!!) and was familiar with the style. Also one of them also had several Androids and he favored the iPhone overAndroid.

I went to Best Buy to buy the phone. I knew that Verizon had the iPhone 4 for free and the iPhone 4S ($100) and the iPhone 5 ($200). If you know me, I sure am not going to pay for something if I can get something similar for free. The lady showed me a "open box" 4S that had been returned, it still has the factory warranty and was in new condition, that I could get for free. So of course I took that.






4 comments:

S said...

How are you!
I'm seiichirou yamamoto.
This is my first comment from japan.

Please teach me english conversation.

Brett said...

S- Welcome! Thank you for commenting on my blog. "A" says hi.

K said...

At last you got smartphone.
I'm using Android smartphone from last December,
and still fighting with new function.

A doesn't seem to be interested in such IT gadget.

Brett said...

K- "A" is not much of an IT girl. Hope you get your phone under control :)