Saturday, February 9, 2013

Sunset and Storm Clouds

As most of you know I have become somewhat of a shutterbug and movie maker. I have really wanted to start doing time lapse photography but my Nikon wouldn't take interval photos, so I had to take actual video and then speed it up. The big drawback to that was huge files. To produce a 30 second clip could use 600mb of space or more.

So now that I have an iPhone I am experimenting with apps to find the best one, hopefully free, that fit the bill (pun intended). Here are two clips that I made yesterday and today. The first one is from my iPod touch and the second is from the iPhone. The iPhone is in portrait mode instead of landscape because I screwed it up.

As always you can go to my YouTube channel to view them as well. You can also double click on the video to go to full screen or click the little box just lower right next to the "YouTube" symbol.



4 comments:

K said...

I enjoyed time lapse photos in full screen.
Headlight of the cars driving home the hill road was so impressive!
You are the man of skill up.

Brett said...

I am glad you enjoyed the clips. You are too kind.

Shell said...

DO you set the phone up and leave it or take picture after picture?

Brett said...

I set the phone and leave it. It takes pictures automatically every XX seconds that I set it to. For the sunset it was around 300 pictures.