Saturday, July 6, 2013

Renovations part 1

Wednesday the granite guy came and ripped out the kitchen and guest bath counter tops. If you remember in the kitchen we had we had a "bar" area in front of the sink. I guess the idea was that you could put stools and people could sit and watch you in the great expanse of the kitchen (just a little sarcasm). The problem, was that it cut off the kitchen and reduced the counter space. So "A" had a great ideal that we would cut down the raised bar and extend the counter top in front of the sink. Brilliant!!!

Friday our good friend Ron helped us sand and paint the cabinets. If you have ever tried to paint cabinets you know that it takes ridiculously long to do. It sounds really simple, just sand and paint, but not really. Especially these because there was so much grease and gunk caked on, yuk.

We were able to put a coat of paint on the kitchen and guest bath on Friday and today we did the master bath. Unfortunately I am sick and not able to put 100% into the project but overall I am pleased with our accomplishments this weekend.

We also had a floor guy give us an estimate for laminate floors and on Monday I have another floor guy coming in. I could do it myself but I really don't want to.














2 comments:

K said...

This time, you gave a job to Pro guys.
It helps San Diego economy even a bit.
Lookinf forward to seeing finished photo.

Brett said...

I am helping to reduce the unemployment. I like the sound of that. Can't wait to show you it when we are done.