Monday, July 29, 2013

Texas/Wyoming Vacation

We interrupt this renovation to take you on a vacation. I took two weeks off to attend a family reunion and make the annual pilgrimage to the Ranch.

First leg was to fly into Albuquerque and meet up with my brother. The next day we drove to Dallas, Texas to meet with my other brother and attend the family reunion/60th wedding anniversary on my biological father's side of the family.  It has been 45 years since we have seen them, needless to say I didn't remember any of them.  However I had a great time and want to attend another reunion in the future.






The weather was horrible!!! The temperature was in the upper 100sF with upper %90 humidity pushing the heat index to 105F, but the room was a cool 65.


This isn't the hotel we stayed at but I just had to snap a few pictures because those wolf statues were HUGE!



From there we visited Mom and Dad in Casper for a few days then headed north to the Ranch. However our stay was almost cut short. Five minutes after we arrived, my brother was walking back after parking his truck and was struck at by a rattlesnake. Fortunately he has quick reflexes and when he jumped the snake missed. Shortly thereafter there was one less snake around.






Snake no more

Mother or Father Robin feeding baby

Mother Sage Grouse and babies




After four days in the "wild" (not really, we had running water and electricity), we went back down to Casper for a few days. On the way back down to Albuquerque I jumped out at the airport in Denver and flew back to San Diego.

2 comments:

K said...

Thru this time vacation, you really enjoyed NATURE!

I've forgot to say whenever you go into the mountain area,be careful for poisonous snake. This time, you two were lucky.

Brett said...

We were very lucky this time. It is true you never know what you will run into up there.