Monday, May 25, 2009

I bought a TuRD


This weekend I went to the used car tent sale at Qualcomm stadium. Every couple of months local dealers get together and hawk their wares.
I was looking for a '04 or older Tacoma because I did not like the newer body styles. It had to be an extended cab, as a regular cab would be too small and the double cabs cut into the bed too much. Other than that I wasn't too picky. I could live with a 4cyl or V6 and the body did not need to be in perfect shape.
What I found was a SR5 V6 silver TuRD. I call it a TuRD because if you look at the rear quarter panel you will see the TRD (Toyota Racing Development). It is supposed beefed up suspension for off road racing, even though it is a 2WD. Oxymoron huh?
I think I got a good deal on it even though it does have high miles. That was my main concern but I was able to get a 2yr warranty for the price of a 1yr warranty.
I have been wanting a truck for a while and now that we have a house that needs considerable renovation I think it is now the perfect time. We demolished our main kitchen this weekend and I got plenty of use out of the Silver TuRD already. I'll post photos of the demo kitchen in my next post.

2 comments:

K said...

Your Tacoma seems nice, no scratch on body, and tires also seem in good condition still.

High miles? No problem as far as you keep routine maintenance. I believe you are the one to do so. I like silver color as it looks cool. You got a nice DIY partner.

K

Brett said...

LOL, yes I LOVE my DIY partner. There are some scratches on the truck and tires do need some attention but otherwise it's good.