Wednesday, January 6, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, so I am a few days late. New Years day we drove to Point Loma with the intent of going to the Point Loma Light House. On the way we passed Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery. Since the light house is in a Natl park there was a line and we did not feel like waiting or paying. So instead we decided to visit the cemetery. I do have one of my Marines buried there but did not know her location so could not visit her site (will visit another time). It was a beautiful day and I had to snap a few pictures. It was quite a sight and made me feel very humble. Thanks to these brave men and women, my wife and I were able to enjoy the first day of 2010 in freedom and safety.

Thank you!






2 comments:

K said...

When I see the picture of American cemetry, I always remember the opening scene of the [Saving Private Ryan] .

2010 will be better for you and all!!

Brett said...

Thanks, and we hope you have a wonderful 2010 too.