Sunday, July 25, 2010

Bathroom Project part 7

Progress marches on!! In this post you will find we have tiled the walls and floors as well as grouted. If you have been following someone else's blog too then you will find mine is lagging behind, plus I plagiarized a few pictures. We used white grout on the walls and black, yes black, on the floor. I was initially against the black grout but I think it makes sense because it highlights the pinwheel design. If we had used white then I think all you would see are the black dots. Any other color was never really in consideration because then there would be too many colors competing and we wanted a black and white bathroom. Any color we can add or take away with accessories. Good call "A". Grouting using black is an interesting job that I am not sure I would want to repeat. White grout is very forgiving but with black you have to bring your A game.


Bought a 7" tile saw.






Test fitting.








Black hole in my bathroom.




OMG what have we done?


6 comments:

K said...

Using black grout was a right decision. It made bathroom
chic and modern. Isn't it?

"Black hole". Funny! Seems many asteroids are falling down into it.

You two made hard job, and good job. Applause !!

Brett said...

Thank you very much, my blog pales in comparison to A's. Her photo's are much better.

Hmmm asteroids falling down in a bathroom....seems there is a good joke somewhere in that. LOL

Anonymous said...

Hey, ya' got Pac Man?
No.
Ya' got Space Invaders?
Nope.
Ya' got Asteroids?
Naw, but my dad does. Can't even sit on the toilet some days.

Brett said...

That would be "Family Vacation".

Anonymous said...

Actually, National Lampoon's "Vacation"

Brett said...

Well eeeeexxxxccccuuuuuuuuuusssseeee mmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee