Friday, January 7, 2011

Wyoming

This year I went home to Wyoming for Christmas. As usual I drove but had to rent a car this time because I didn't trust my truck to make it there and back.  And I didn't think a two wheel drive truck would do well in the Wyoming winter.  I rented from Avis and got a Dodge Avenger which was a decent car but the wipers sucked.

According to Google the distance is 1,132 miles and the time is 18 hours and 16 minutes.  I did it in 17 hours and 25 minutes. If I did not have to go through the storm that hit California and have wipers that sucked I could have done it in under 17 hours.

My traveling companion was Kuuipo and she travels wonderful. However I think at the end of each trip she was ready for it to end.

 
View Larger Map


  







 







 What a great traveler!!!



7 comments:

Shell said...

Told ya to buy new wipers. Relatively inexpensive compared to an accident, or your life.

Shell said...

Told ya to buy new wipers. Relatively inexpensive compared to an accident, or your life.

Shell said...

No way to delete an accidental double post I guess, but that's OK because it's an important point.

Brett said...

Wow, you are getting old, you sound just like mom. Next thing I know you will tell me the roads are slick. LOL

p.s. not that you are old mom :)

K said...

17h25m for 1,132miles!! You did almost non-stop driving,just taking short stops for refreshing, Iguess. It's much
longer than the distance between Aomori and Hiroshima!

Landscape is wild and vast. Kuuipo looks nice,good traveller,but seems tired.

Don't try to make a new record, but keep 17h plus, please.

K

Brett said...

I am careful and if the road condition are not good I slow down. Also if I am getting tired I always stop to rest.

Kuuipo was tired.

Digital Marketing said...

I like your post.

Computer Repair Services in Rancho Cucamonga

iPhone Repair Store in Rancho Cucamonga

Laptop Repair in Rancho Cucamonga