Sunday, March 6, 2011

Step on a crack

One of my biggest concerns about this house is also one of the reasons that I wanted to buy it, living on the canyon. We have awesome views of sunsets and wildlife but we also live right on the edge. I don't know how long ago the wall and patio was built but I would probably guess around 40 or 50 years. Over time gravity has done its work and we have numerous cracks from the movement of the earth.

I have always been concerned that rain water gets into the cracks and accelerates said slippage. This weekend I finally decided to fill in the cracks. A while back someone tried to patch a crack with some type of caulk but either they were very inexperienced or drunk. I dug out any of the old stuff and reapplied a vinyl concrete patch.



 This was the previous patch job











2 comments:

K said...

He might have tried to patch the crack drinking vodka.!?
But from the picture, it looks like some kind of art.

It may be recommendable to check the cracks occasionally.

Brett said...

LOL Vodka!! I never thought of it as art, maybe I got rid of a masterpiece. I should have checked with the antique road show first.