Sunday, October 2, 2011

Block Party

Yesterday was our annual block party. This is my third party and the second year that I was on the committee and I enjoyed this party a lot more. Last year we had a taco vendor and for the people to pay for a taco we used the raffle tickets that we sell. Since it was the first year that we had a vendor at the party it was all new and we used committee members to collect the tickets. The vendor was late and tried to leave early. Over all they were present for 3 1/2 and guess who got stuck there for 2 1/2 hours? If you guessed me then... ding ding ding... you when the prize!!! It was freaking miserable. That year we held it in September and it was close to 100F. Add that to the fact that I was standing next to a hot grill well, you do the math.

Since my momma didn't raise a fool, when it came time to decide who would find the food vendor this year I volunteered in a heartbeat. That way I could call the shots. I got a much better vendor and had them collect the tickets. And guess who didn't volunteer for anything else....?

Overall fun was had by all. Below you can check out the video for Chopper the biker dog.  The guy that owns Chopper also had Bandit the biker dog. Bandit was quite famous in San Diego and Chopper is getting quite a good reputation too.






If you want to see a High Definition of this video click HERE.

2 comments:

K said...

You did good volunteer for the block people. It seems nice party.

Easy rider dog is very cool!

Brett said...

Thanks,it really was a good time. The dog was pretty cool.