Wednesday, April 17, 2013

California Bums

I went to eat lunch with my boss, we usually eat once a week, and today we were at Chipotle Mexican Grill. This guy was actually taking a nap in the parking lot. I have seen a lot here in Cali but never seen this. Especially when there was a nice comfy spot of grass just behind and to the right.

The guy in the background is a fellow bum comrade and at first I thought that he was going to wake the dude up and have him move. But nope, in true bum fashion they chatted while the dude on the ground smoked a cigarett. The other guy then went back to the street with his cardboard sign. Keep in mind this is lunch time and the parking lot will fill up soon.

After about 15 minutes the guy gets up walks over to us and asks for a quarter, of course I said no, and then he moved on. Funny thing is I really did have a quarter in my pocket, lunch was $6.75.

No bums were hurt in the making of this report.


2 comments:

K said...

Easy money is not good for those guys?

Brett said...

K- I guess it is easier laying down.