Saturday, November 2, 2013

L.A.

I want to apologize to all my dedicated readers, all 5 of you. I have neglected to post anything for several weeks, but we have been busy. Last Saturday we drove to LA for two reasons,
there were a couple of estate sales that "A" wanted to go to and we were looking at purchasing a Eames  chair (reproduction). It was less expensive to drive up and buy it than to purchase it online and have it shipped. Besides, I wanted to try out the chair in person before I dropped that kind of money. I am really glad that we did because the chair was too small in the back, it didn't support my head like "A"s chair does. Overall it seems that to get what we want we are going to have to look north to LA. You would think that San Diego is a big town but it really isn't when
looking for specific items, namely mid-century furniture or anything that is not mainstream.



Chinese Theater Hollywood


One of the estate sales was from the winner of the first HGTV Design Star, Emily Henderson. I had never heard of her because I never watched the show but "A" wanted to go and take a look and see her. I will say that I didn't expect she would even be there, I figured she would hire someone to do it, but she was actually the cashier. We didn't buy anything because we got there a little later and most items were snapped up, besides the checkout line was HUGE, I mean really was HUGE. I guess it probably would have taken at least 30 min to buy anything.



The other estate sale we went to had a lot of really nice items. The owner, Pierre Cabrol, was an architect who worked with Welton Becket who was the architect for the Capital Records building and the house was really cool. We ended up buying a hand knotted rug and a Marcel Breuer Cesca chair (reproduction) at a reasonable price.




WTF????? I parked anyway :)

2 comments:

K said...

You enjoyed visiting LA.

Parking notice made me confused too!???
You parked anyway. In this case, it is correct. Have a good day.

Brett said...

It was so confusing. But I didn't get a ticket so it was all good.