Sunday, October 11, 2009

Kitchen hood

So Friday we installed our stainless steel hood. This is pretty much the final (big) touch to finish the kitchen. We have smaller ones like the curtain and base molding. I had our electrician and his worker help me install it. It was a two or three person job since the main part of the hood is around 50 or 60 pounds. It took two people to hold it steady and one person to mark the holes.

I was concerned that I would have to make a wider hole since it was not exactly over the oven however it worked perfect. Also I did not have to do any patchwork since the chimney covered the hole. So I thought we were done until Ray (electrician) said that I need to cover the gap in the ceiling because if a mouse ever made it into the ceiling he would probably fall down into the chimney and that would not smell too good. So we took a piece of wood and cut a half moon then I plastered the rest with joint compound.

I got up last weekend and we had fog, however it was contained only to the bottom of the canyon. I thought it looked cool. Unfortunately by the time I got up it had mostly dissipated.

As an added bonus the last photo is of a Red-Tailed Hawk that hangs around the canyon.











2 comments:

K said...

Pictures tell the range food installation was done perfect. It looks cool.
You're going to put back-splash(tile) next?

Say hello to your flying friend when he(she)visits you next time.

Brett said...

Thanks for you comments on the hood. Back splash might go up later, right now I want to start the focus on the office.

I will say hi when they visit again :)