Sunday, April 29, 2012

Master Bath Project: Day 15

This weekend we began the cutting of the tiles, woohoo! We worked for 6-7 hours on Saturday and today and would have been done if it wasn't for that meddling niche. It doesn't look like it would be that difficult, but it really is. Makes me almost wish we didn't put it in, but I know that once we are done it will be nice not to need a shower caddy hanging below the shower head.




We cut the tile in the bathroom which was really convenient. This week I hope to put up the dry wall underneath the window and get it prepped to paint. We probably will not finish the niche till next weekend because we first have to figure out how best to take care of the corners. We thought about cutting the quarter round at 45ยบ but that did not work out quite how we thought it would.

 
Tomorrow we have a fabricator coming out to take measurements. We want to put marble caps on both walls and on the piece of IKEA furniture that we are using as a vanity. We are hoping to use a remnant piece to keep down costs.



I kept tripping over the tarp and so "A" taped it down for my safety. Actually I think that she just didn't want to have to finish the bathroom by herself if I got hurt ☺.


2 comments:

K said...

I can imagine how difficult it is to finish the tiling for niche
area nicely. Cutting the tile in just size and shape also doesn't seem easy.
I'm afraid you were so tired. Take care, take a break!

Brett said...

Yes, we were getting tired and it was time to take a break.