Saturday, May 19, 2012

Master Bath Project: Day, I have stopped counting!!!

 This project has been going on for so long I am tired of counting. But we are getting closer and closer. Since the last update we have patched the walls, installed the new fan, primed and painted the walls. Tomorrow we will lay the floor tile.

Attaching the dry wall is really easy but blending the texture is not as easy. However I think I might need to do a little more work now that it is painted. When texturing that much wall it is difficult to get it to match the rest. When we did the kitchen I ended up texturing everything and that was really hard even though I had help. I sure did not want to re-texture the whole bathroom.



 

Two coats of primer then one coat of paint


Still having issues with the niche



Replacing the fan was an adventure, actually anytime I have to go up to the attic it's an adventure. Don't let the picture fool you, there is very little space. In the middle, where I am in the picture, I have about 2 to 3 feet of height. Where I am drilling to re-frame, I am on my belly and have less than a foot of space. As you know the house is framed out of re-bar so in the attic I have various boards that span the re-bar. You always have to be careful of where you put your knee otherwise the board will come up and smack you in the face. The good news is that it only happens once.


The old fan was round and the new one is rectangle so when I replaced the fan I had to do some serious patchwork to fill in the gaps, thankfully I had some metal lathe that I used and used joint compound for the filler.


No place to be if you are claustrophobic


Re-framing (of course) for the fan





2 comments:

K said...

I believe you can play Santa Claus!!

Good job, Beautiful finish!!

Brett said...

One house is enough, not sure I could do 7 billion houses, especially in one night ☺