Monday, July 2, 2012

Retiring the Grill

The new grill finally arrived (just in time for the 4th) and I had the "privilege" of assembling it. Overall it wasn't too bad. My old grill was going on 10 years and was showing its age, not too mention it was just too small when we had any parties. This new one is about 1 1/2 times the size.
We wanted a complete stainless grill but the cost was ridiculous. If you go to Home Depot or Lowe's they had generic run of the mill grills that were not completely stainless. At the BBQ grill stores they had all stainless but you could not find one for less than $1,500 with most of them easily over $2,000. I even saw some for $5,000.
 
Since the old one was a Sears Kenmore we decided to go to Sears and take a look at what they had and ended up buying this one for $600. I still cringe at paying that much for a grill but it is a really nice one.







Also this week we finished painting the roof and today I sanded the columns and painted them. Since the columns were "rough" doug fir, if you got too close they would take your skin off. So I borrowed a belt sander from my boss and used 40 grit then 120 grit sandpaper. Once completed I then painted the columns to match the roof.







2 comments:

K said...

On July 4th, the new grill will work fully!

Send us good smell!

Brett said...

I tested the grill last night with steaks and it does work great.

I will try and bottle the aroma and send it to you. It might not get by customs though.