Sunday, July 8, 2012

Salad of Vegetables

Today we finally decided to plant our vegetable garden. Well at least a small one. I always wanted tomato and green/red pepper plants and "A" wanted sweet basil and cilantro.  We are attempting to try and grow them in an existing planting bed, unfortunately it doesn't have full sun due to the trees. If this doesn't work out then I have one other spot that might work.

We raised the bed slightly with cedar and added four bags of miracle grow panting mix. I wasn't too sure on the type of tomato that I wanted so I went with the smaller stalk and got a champion tomato plant.

I will keep you posted as to the progress of our garden.



Sweet Basil

Cilantro

Big Bertha

Bell Red Beauty

Champion Tomato


P.S. I do know that tomatoes are a fruit, and basil/cilantro are herbs. Smarty pants (you know who I am talking about)


2 comments:

K said...

You can be a vegetarian in the harvest season!?
Tomato is so healthy.

Brett said...

Not sure I could be a vegetarian but I sure to love veggies.