Thursday, October 18, 2012

Canyon Fire

About 20 minutes after I got home from work I hear sirens (nothing new) but then they stop nearby. I don't think too much about it since ambulances sometimes turn off the sirens on the move.  Then I heard more and heard a helicopter pass close over the house. I looked out the window and there was a fire on the other side of the canyon.

Yesterday the temp was 92°F and the humidity was really low. But today was fairly cool with overcast skies. Also next week is the same week that we had the devastating fires in 2003 and 2007.

I will say that the fire department responded really quick with 3 or 4 engines and a helicopter.







And the news helicopter showed as well.


2 comments:

K said...

It seems someone threw a fired cigarette from the car if there were no thunderbolt around that time. Anyway it was good it was not serious.

Brett said...

I am pretty sure it was a cigarette. The fire department responded really fast so that was great.