Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Block Party and Sky High Gas Prices

Last Saturday we had our annual block party and I was again in charge of the food. Actually I kinda slacked on this year's committee. We used the same food vendor, so I just had to come up with a new menu and the ticket prices for it.

My brother was in town so he got to attend and took the pictures because I forgot my camera. Each year is pretty much the same but it is really nice to close off the street and get together. This year we had Sue Palmer's band and they were really good.

As usual we had the city councilman and county supervisor show but this year the mayor, Jerry Sanders, also paid us a visit. It is probably because he is termed out and now has gone R.O.A.D. (retired on active duty) but it was still nice for him to show.




On a not so happy note, the gas prices are still going crazy!!!!


2 comments:

K said...

It's nice you enjoyed block party with your brother.

Gas price is getting up here too. Not welcomed.

Brett said...

Why is it Japan and California always get hit hard with the high prices?