Sunday, March 2, 2014

Roberto's Taco Shop

So my parents LOVE the food network and when they saw Roberto's taco shop from San Diego featured and asked me if I had ever tried it. I had heard of the place but here in San Diego we have dozens of these types but I had never tried this one. So Friday I decided to give it a try.

The nearest one to my work was in Ocean Beach (aka OB) so off I went. Most of these places happened to be just holes in the walls where you cant even go inside. It's either walk up or drive through. Since Friday happened to be one of the worst storms in the last 4 years I wisely chose the drive through.

I wanted the carne asada combo plate that came with rice, beans, guacamole, lettuce and tomato. I'm not the biggest fan of guacamole but I can tolerate it. I had a choice of corn of flour tortilla and went with the flour. Once I got it in the vehicle and started back to work I wished I had a place to park and just start eating. It smelled wonderful!!

***On a side note, it is well know that Californians can't drive in rain. Well it is especially true for old people. I got stuck behind a guy that was going 20 mph on a road that is posted for 35 mph. No, it wasn't raining that hard.

Finally get back to work and unpack and what I thought was several tortillas was only one, but what a tortilla it was. I have never seen one this big, it was easily larger than the opened box. I was just too hungry to take any more pictures.

Overall it was really good and will go back again, for $8+ it was well worth it.



2 comments:

K said...

It looks delicious! I think I'll like it, too.
Photo from your backyard is beautiful.
You took it early morning?

Brett said...

Yes, I took it a couple of years ago as the fog was burning off in the morning.