Thursday, March 13, 2014

Tree Trimming

It's been close to 4 years since I had the two eucalyptus trees trimmed and I have not had the Ash tree trimmed since we moved here 5 years ago. With one of the Eucalyptus trees rubbing the roof I knew it was time to get it done. Also with the constant wind from the canyon it has stunted the growth on the west side of the Ash tree so the canopy needed to be re-shaped.

I belong to the "next door neighbor" (think of facebook for the neighbor hood) and someone was thinking of having their trees trimmed and thought we might get a group discount. In the end  two companies called (one flaked) and one was very reasonable compared to other quotes I have received in the past. The second company was 45% higher even with their group discount. They say you get what you pay for but this is tree trimming, as long as you have a basic knowledge of trees how hard can it be?

So I went with the less expensive one, of course, and they did a wonderful job. He even trimmed my palm tree in front that had a broken palm frond from our recent rain storm.

Eucalyptus Before

Eucalyptus Before

Eucalyptus Before

Ash Before

Eucalyptus After

Eucalyptus After

Ash After

2 comments:

K said...

Those trees are high in the sky, so you have to have Pro.
When next time comes, you shouldn't think like [Maybe
I can do it, I can trim them]. It's high risk, no return!

Brett said...

I know! I would probably fall out of the tree and down the canyon.