Sunday, March 18, 2012

After the Storm

Saturday and Sunday we had our biggest storm of the season. Not sure exactly how much rain we got, but it was easily over an inch. The big thing was the wind and all day today it was blowing fiercely for San Diego standards. Since we live on the canyon it was even more intense. I would guess that it blew at a steady 30mph with gusts into the 40s.

My main concern was the two eucalyptus trees in the back. But it seems that they held up OK. I have a lot of branches on my back patio and side yard from the eucalyptus trees and the ash tree.

Yesterday and today at sunset there was a nice break and that provided for a few nice shots from our nice new windows.


Saturday

Saturday, this is actually a picture of the sky, I thought it made a cool picture.

Saturday Sunset

Sunday Sunset

2 comments:

K said...

It seems it was really heavy rain. It is good that the trees were OK.

Sunset thru the new window looks so attractive!

Brett said...

Thanks, the rain was pretty heavy. But now that I look at picture two it seems that it was really really heavy, but it was actually a picture of the sky.