Saturday, March 31, 2012

Master Bath Project: Day 8

Saturday came and we were ready to hit it hard today and tomorrow. For some reason my right big toe was hurting and I was thinking it was from kneeling down and bending it. Nope!! It seems I have an attack of gout. So today was a very painful day.

On top of that, overnight the foam that they sprayed under the tub continued to expand and now the tub was lifted about 1" above grade. I called the plumber and within 20 minutes he was back at the house and fixing the problem. Gotta hand it to them, their service is really good. Even with all the issues we still managed to finish the framing of the walls.



Another set back we are dealing with is the size of the tub. When you buy a shorter tub you also buy a much narrower tub. We really did not realize it until the plumber had set the tub. I mean it is really narrow. Luckily "A" came up with another great idea. We are going to frame out the front of the tub so that the shower curtain can be moved out about 5 more inches. This should make it a little better.





Not sure how much we will get accomplished tomorrow, if anything. It all depends on how the toe feels.

4 comments:

K said...

If it is gout attack, pain must be so bad.
Doctor will recommend to stop taking alcohol.
Take care.

Shell said...

You can also get one of those curved hotel shower rods to make a little more room.

Brett said...

K, Yes pain is very bad. I also should stop eating shrimp, which I had for lunch yesterday before I realized it was gout.

Brett said...

Shell- We thought about the curved shower curtain rod too but I think now with the build out we might not need it.