Thursday, March 29, 2012

Master Bath Project: Day 6 and front wall

The plumbers arrive on time which was great, we used Courtesy Plumbing. They had really high reviews on yelp.com and they did live up to it.  I really love it when we hire people to work on our house because I cannot wait to see their faces when they realize what they are up against.  It seems no one has ever encountered an entire house framed out of re-bar. When they don't have a place to tie into studs the look is priceless.  Much like what it costs me because it takes them three times as long. Hmmm maybe not so funny after all.



While they were working "A" and I decided to finally paint our front wall. It had been driving us crazy, "A" really bad, because it was a yellowish beige and the tall wall was really really spotty. I also needed to finish grinding off the bolts where the security bars were and then patch up the holes.

Before

Before

After

After


We started around 0900 and finally finished about 1430. The plumbers wrapped up their part about 30 minutes later. Unfortunately  they need to come back tomorrow because I had to patch up the hole were the old tub was. You see the tub moved over almost a foot and this left a nice hole that the new tub would not cover. So I still got to do some concrete work. That took me another hour and a trip to Home Depot for metal lathe.




 Tomorrow they will finish hooking up the tub and then it will be all on us, just as we like it.


2 comments:

k said...

It was nice you got good plumbers.

I can imagine how "A" was crazy about spotty wall.

You may have to repaint the front wall occasionally. It seems it is almost impossible to keep the front wall clean for a long time.

Brett said...

It is impossible to keep it looking brand new, which is OK. It is just that it looked that way from the beginning. So not if it discolors I think it would be OK.