Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Ranch (trip pt 5)

Any visit requires a hike up Fisher Mountain. I am not sure how far our property goes but I know it borders the National Forest. Fisher Mountain's summit is around 7,400 ft but we only went up to about 5,500 ft ( I am guessing). We actually have an upper meadow/ corral (minus the corral since it burned years ago during a really bad forest fire) however it was too hot and we were too out of shape to make it all the way.

 





I got some really good pictures of our cabin and the outlying canyons. The only wildlife we saw was an Eagle high above.



When I went out on a rock peninsula I did see some elk or deer scat and hoof prints but that was it.

The outcropping was about 2 ft by 2ft at the end and about 200ft down to the river on the far side. It was a really cool view. I wish I had taken my camera but I gave it to my brother to take my picture.






2 comments:

K said...

Looks like small Grand Canyon.
Panorama pictures are so great!
I found your cabin far down there.
You really enjoyed hiking with
exclusive photographer(!?).

Brett said...

Once you get on top of the ridge it is really impressive to see the canyons.

I enjoy hiking, somewhat.