Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Ranch (trip pt 6)

Out time is up at the ranch and it was time to head back to Casper but not before the evening's last meal of chicken fried steak, mmm mmm good. Evidentaly Bella was waiting for one of the steaks to jump out of the pan and onto the floor.


 
The light was just right on the morning we left to get this really cool picture of dam from downstream.



Coming in we didn't see any wildlife but on the way out we saw two rafters of wild turkeys.




Once back in Casper the food kept coming. Not sure where dad got these shrimp but they are the largest I have ever seen.



We also celebrated Tank's 50th birthday. His request for dinner was bacon wrapped filets. Very good!!



4 comments:

Deanie said...

The ranch pictures are awesome. It's beautiful there. I am totally exhausted seeing you remodel. You & A have done a great job. Bill is a builder & we have remodeled every house we've been in. He always liked to buy the worst one in a neighborhood & re-do it. Good way to make $$$... We built the one we're in now 21 years ago & he has re-done several things at different times. I've had my share & don't want anymore!!! I went all the way to the beginning of your blog. I'm very impressed. Thanks for telling me about it....

Brett said...

Glad you like it. We like to buy a house that needs some love. I could not imagine buying a house that is completely done by someone else. We like to have our stamp on it.

K said...

To Tank. Congratulations 50th birthday!

Bacon wrapped filet looks so nice!!
Next time let me .........

Brett said...

K- they tasted great!